Friday, May 05, 2006

Election

Yes, its election time. Where my estate is spick and span. Its a new estate, but yet I see over zealous cleaners working hard. Town council even advertise in advance what they are going to do, build a shelter connecting our block to the LRT. Wa.. this whole new estate is so new, yet they are upgrading (so soon ah?). Pooi! If its so new, why not build it from the start in the first place?!

And the past few days election news covered by the local media is so bloody boring! Nothing but news on a man who thought he had submitted a form. Come on! Once is enough.. not pages and pages and hours and hours of reporting on it. I have stopped buying the papers. SG Rally has better coverage of the whole election rallies. Lets move on! Looks like the incumbent party finally realise this and has started to focus on real issues.

These past elections, the main topic is always upgrading. Cheh! Upgrading is not free. Don't we have to co-pay? Isn't it our money in the end. Tax payers money? I am saving my progress package payout in anticipation of new policies that will impact my cost of living.

Just two days ago, an MP in a lorry drove past my place. Waved at me and smiled that politician smile. Out of courtesy, I waved and tried to smile. Very hard to smile when MP only drive by just before election. Ok, so MP is too busy meeting the people, then what about those grass roots people?! Oh wait, they are busy too. After all don't these people have their own personal agenda? And the incumbent party dare say that the opposition is around only for the election, after the election they are nowhere to be seen. Actually he will be seen, yes. On the local media. Announcing new policies. Policies I am anticipating.
  1. Increase in public transport (PTC fare decision delayed just before election).
  2. More ERP (or increase charge)
  3. GST increase
  4. CPF cut wouldnt be restored
  5. Higher carpark charges
Anyway, tomorrow is polling day. I better follow instructions on how to submit my vote. Don't want the election department to confront me with a CCTV footage and demand an explanation from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home