Sunday, March 26, 2006

Erawan shrine - Bangkok

I hear and read from the local media that the 4 faced buddha beside Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel, Bangkok was demaged by a deranged man. Sadly, some bystanders took it in their hands to kill the man. Just read that those men will be charged for murder. I guess in the end, the statue of Brahma is just a statue. It is what the Brahma or 4 faced buddha teaches or represents that matters more, working to reap good karma daily matters most. Statues, images are just material.

Some in Bangkok fear that it is a bad omen, considering the current political crisis. Whereas others think the shrine did a sacrifice to absorb the current bad luck Thailand is facing.

Well I think all this is good publicity for the shrine or the 4 faced buddha itself. To me, I didn't know that the 4 faced buddha was brahma too. Because of this incident, not only do I know but have read up a bit on who and what Brahma stands for. Furthermore, after the shrine is restored, I'm sure more tourist will come to visit and pray at the shrine. So looking at a macro level, I'll say its a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home