Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Clifford Pier

Photos by micamonkey Went down to Shenton way today to get my expired cheque re-issued. It rained and I didn't bring an umbrella. The underground walk way from Raffles Place MRT didn't connect to PWC building. With time on my hands, I decided to pop over to clifford pier. The old quaint pier to wait for the rain (to stop). Remember reading about the pier in the papers. Was it going to be closed? Don't know. Quick search in google didn't bring up any clues. Maybe I should search gov.sg Oh well, I am digressing.


The pier is alot quieter these days. Couple of students around doing sketches of the internal architecture. Two photographers taking pictures. Wonder if its going to be torn down. Hope not. Maybe I should plan for a photo shoot for some keep sake photos. Used to be the place to wait for bum boats to take you to the southern islands (kusu, sisters, st john's). And it was crowded.

Anyway was strolling around when I spotted a teh sarabat stall there. Seems popular with the workers. Couple of old indians manning the stall.. looks authentic. Didn't get a chance to try their teh tarik as there was a long queue for teh. Besides, the rain stopped. So off I went to PWC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home