Monday, October 31, 2005

DotA 6.19 AI

Been doing pretty good on DotA. More wins then losses lately. I prefer strength heroes. You have to be patient early game, but you get to be strong late game. The strategy is, try not to let the range and intelligence heroes destroy too much of your towers early game, and you should win the game.

My favorite DoTA hero is the Treeant. Awesome hero, which hero allows you to hide, plant all seeing wards around the map and do an area stun that does damage. Excellent team player and a hero killer. Treeant has the best armour as of DotA Map 6.19b and before.

Anyway, I just found out, through Teh Blarg, that there is a new AI map, 6.19 by Cloud_str. Yipee! Its been awhile since an ai map was released. The last one by Karising was great despite some shortfalls, but given the complexities of doing an AI map I am grateful to both Karising and Cloud_str. AI maps are handy when you have no access to the net, and need to familiarise with new heroes (to me) or item build.

Recently a few people have tried to convert me over to World of Warcraft (WoW). Some are even promoting these free servers. I am amaze. I didn't know you could run a private WoW server. Wouldn't Blizzard shut you down? And why spend precious time building a virtual alter ego only to lose it when the world is no more? Being free, what is their service agreement? They don't have to oblige do they? By the way I am not against subscription based games. Just not going to waste my time and money. Besides, one bad habit(DotA) is enough. Given the amount of time practicing, I could have reduced my golf handicap by half and be healthier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home