Friday, December 23, 2005

Dong Zhi (冬至)

Yesterday was the golly day as my mum use to say. But I did a little search on the net its actually called Dong Zhi, in chinese it means the "arrival (至) of winter (冬)". Actually a chinese version of thanks giving. A time for family get together, to celebrate the past good year.

Well so much for family get together, as usual I worked late.. wife had to sms me to remind me to come home early. Came back before 9.30pm. Luckily sis in-law was still at the dinner table, she just came back too, so got to eat the rice balls (tang yuan) dish with her, while my son sits playfully on my shoulder trying to catch the coloured balls in my soup.

Here is a picture of the delicious dish my dear mum in-law whipped out in record time.

It rained on Dong Zhi, accoding to my mum, it will not rain on Chinese New Year. And she is right, I have noticed this for a very long time. The weather on Dong Zhi day is always the opposite of Chinese New Year. Which means, I better shop for a nice cooling cotton short sleeve shirt for the New Year :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home